On 20 Jan 2007, at 11:44:53 PM, David R. Morrison wrote:

> My guess here is that you left out the "Type: perl" line?  The
> default CompileScript is different for "Type: perl" packages than it
> is for most packages.

That is the problem (or rather, I deleted it because I thought I was
specifying it enough elsewhere...)

> The easiest way to create the legacy package is just to use the
> same .info file as before, but we "Type: perl (581)" (which will just
> restrict it to perl581).  Also, you need to rename the file as i
> mentioned before.

The name addition I got right (I think). Several pairs of perlmods in
tracker for gnucash related dependencies.
Thanks.

>    -- Dave
>

> On Jan 20, 2007, at 1:04 PM, David Reiser wrote:
>
>> When I started maintaining finance-quotehist, I didn't fully test all
>> the versions when I created the multiple version info file. Now I'm
>> trying to split out the 581 version as a legacy at the same time I'm
>> adding a 588 version to the main info file I'm planning on
>> maintaining. I have discovered that finance-quotehist-pm581 doesn't
>> build (at least for me on 10.4.8 PPC). Trying to build-as-nobody, I
>> get:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/sw
>> Can't exec "./configure": No such file or directory at /sw/lib/perl5/
>> Fink/Services.pm line 584, <DATA> line 1.
>> ### execution of ./configure failed, exit code -1
>>
>> Was there some function that was separate in 581 that got rolled into
>> newer perl-core modules?
>>
>> The other question is: If this version has been dangling unbuildable
>> in the 10.4 tree for 6 months, is it reasonable to assume that nobody
>> is using it and I can just dump it altogether?
>>
>> Dave

On another perl topic -- have there been problems with perl tests? I
had to try to install perl588-core three times before all the tests
would pass (different failures on the two failed attempts, too). I
have had intermittent problems with finance-quotehist too, but I had
figured that was the data server being cranky or slow.

Dave
--
David Reiser