I am looking at revising whatcheck to compile with
gfortran on both ppc and intel darwin. However, I will
need a way to have different sets of database files
downloaded depending upon the architecture doing the
build. The current packaging is hardcoded to download
the big endian version of these files. Another way
to fix this issue might be to have compile the
program to byteswap on binary reads for the Intel
build (which I believe is possible in gfortran).
However I was curious if I can simply have the
little endian databases downloaded if the build is
on Intel.
            Jack