David Lowe wrote:
>       I tried out AmiWM as it said it needed testing.  I was going to
> mention where some improvements could be made, but i see it has no
> active maintainer.  As a hobbyist C/C++ programmer, i might offer my
> services, but i'm unsure if i'm up to this: i see that at least part
> of the source is in Perl, which i have no experience in.  How much
> help is available for a newbie?
>
> Using a rusty Amiga 4000T, a shiny PowerMac G5, & a homebuilt Ubuntu box
>
> I NEVER! exaggerate-I just remember REALLY big!!!

I'd say a good amount, based on -devel traffic and IRC. (Especially for
a package that already builds).

Typically you won't have to do a heck of a lot to the original package
source--and if you do it's not a bad idea to let the upstream developers
know so that they might incorporate your suggestions in the next release.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink User Liason/Documenter