On 3/29/07, Don Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone tried to compile ITK for fink (http://www.itk.org/index.htm)?
> I'm not sure I'm up to such things!
> I also note that VTK is available but seems to come under a python
> disguise (pyvtk-py25 for example?), is there a reason for doing it this
> way? I ask because I nearly missed its presence.

$ fink list vtk
Information about 6977 packages read in 3 seconds.
     ncvtk                      2.3-1                Visualizer for
planetary data in netCDF
     pyvtk-py23                 0.4.70-1             Tools for
manipulating VTK files in Python
     pyvtk-py24                 0.4.70-1             Tools for
manipulating VTK files in Python
     vtk-py23                   5.0.2-1003           The Visualization ToolKit
 i   vtk-py24                   5.0.2-1003           The Visualization ToolKit
     vtk-py25                   5.0.2-1003           The Visualization ToolKit
 i   vtkdata                    4.2-4                Data for VTK

In point of fact, it's the vtk-py* packages that are the actual
variants of VTK, and py-vtk* are just additional tools for it.

The reason the former are set up with Python versioning is that they
build some Python bindings, and the maintainer has chosen to allow
people to pick their Python version--so read vtk-py25 as "VTK with
Python 2.5 bindings".

--
Alexander K. Hansen
(akh)