Robert T Wyatt wrote:
> Would it be appropriate to make a wiki page for unofficial bindists?
> "No" means don't read any further.
>
> If so I think some details about the build platform should be
> required. I know this could lead to debugging problems and that's why
> they are unofficial in the first place, but maybe big red letters
> saying "unsupported" would help?

It would probably suffice to post the supported platforms, OS versions,
and the URIs for them, e.g.

deb http://fink.sodan.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/apt/10.4 unstable main crypto

 From a technical support standpoint, the answer to any problem when
somebody uses an unsupported bindist would be to  rebuild whatever is
broken from source, and complain to the provider of that entity rather
than us.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
akh AT finkproject DOT org