Dear Community.

Fink has been using google-analytics for a while now to keep track of
what is going on on finkproject.org and pdb.finkproject.org

Ultimatively we would like to use the gathered Data to better
understand what the community seeks when visiting the web-site and
then improve it with that data in mind.
However it will be a while until the partners who do this together
with us as pro-bono work will be ready, so here are some fun
statistics in the mean while.

These statistics cover the time line from 20th of April 2007 to 20th
of May 2007.

Top Ten Viewed Packages:
               unique views
ethereal   2,064
wireshark 2,031
svn             1,936
gimp2    1,315
httrack  680
svn-client 555
xchat    374
quartz-wm 361
rdesktop         360
fink            336

Number of unique Visitors: 44,618
Number of returning Visitors: 12,582

56.90% of our traffic comes from referring sites, where
finkproject.org accounts for 30.07% of the traffic.

The main english landing page generated 14,855 unique page views and
the whole web-site generated 121,930 unique page views.

38,572 visits seem to have been from people able to speak English and
at least one spoke Hindi.

There are lots more information, I just thought I should share these
for a quick chuckle

David H.
FDN Board Member

benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu