On 6/2/07, Chris Corbyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> (Apologies if I've duplicated this!)
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm a PHP developer coming from a linux background but using OS X for
> the past year.  I'm trying to get hold of Dustin Sias regarding the
> PHP4 and 5 packages since they are becoming painfully out of date.
> PHP 5.0.x was very quickly dropped when 5.1.x came out and
> subsequently 5.2.x.  In fact, 5.0.x lacks an incredible amount of
> features and won't work very well at all with a lot of code so barely
> anyone uses it.
>
> Does anyone know how I'd get hold of the package maintainer or take
> responsibility for package maintenance myself?  I'd be happy to
> maintain these two packages and I'm sure I'm not the only PHP
> developer on OS X feeling the pain of rebuilding everything into /usr/
> local/php linked against the apache2 and mysql in fink.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Chris Corbyn
> http://www.swiftmailer.org/

If you like, you certainly could do up the updates--even if the
existing maintainer is stil interested, your work would certainly
help.

The process is informal:  contact the listed maintainer and if they
don't respond in a week (and if we haven't had any other contact with
them), we figure that they're too busy to be active with the package
and someone else can take it over.
--
Alexander K. Hansen
akh AT finkproject DOT org