The maxima-nox package currently has an indirect dependency on X11 via
gnuplot.  I would like it actually to be -nox.  We have a couple of options:

1)  I can make gnuplot a Recommends: rather than a Depends: , since the
package has another plot output scheme available in its built-in
openmath output.

2)  I've made up a gnuplot variant with a -nox option--required
explicitly disabling x11 and also depending on a noxified gd2.  These
packages are in my experimental area (and I've cc'ed the maintainers):

https://finch.finkdeveloper.net/svn/users/akh/experimental/wxmaxima-project/finkinfo/

Option 1 is certainly easier, of course.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
akh AT finkproject DOT org