On 13 Jun 2007, at 1:35:16 PM, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2007, at 11:21 PM, David Reiser wrote:
>
>> I'm having a similar problem to one discussed on fink-users last
>> week.
>>
>> Gnucash is close to releasing a new version and I'm trying to prepare
>> a new .info file for the latest unstable tarball.
>>
>> 'fink -mvkK --build-as-nobody rebuild gnucash2' appears to succeed,
>> but attempting to run gnucash gives:
>>
>> dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
>>   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
>> ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
>> ImageIO.framework/
>> Versions/A/ImageIO
>>   Expected in: /sw/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib
>
> Does your fink built version link libfontconfig in /usr while your
> hand-built version does not? As far as I recall, libfontconfig brings
> in the ApplicationServices framework, and that, in turn, tries to load
> libJPEG.dylib....

Looks like the culprit here might be /usr/X11R6/lib/
libfontconfig.dylib brought in by the SetCPPFLAGS

> Anyway, I don't believe that gnucash needs setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
> at runtime, dyld will use LD_LIBRARY_PATH for dlopen() if it is set,
> and libltdl will look at LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH, so as long as both of
> those are set, dlopen() and lt_dlopen() should work fine, for
> everything else the paths encoded into the binaries should be correct.
>
> So, remove DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH from the wrapper and try again, please.

Thanks. I'll get help from upstream on the right way to do this
(details beyond my knowledge at the moment...)

BTW, Alexander's suggestion to use DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH does
squash my immediate problem, but I'll pursue getting the better
changes incorporated upstream.

> Peter
> --
> Peter O'Gorman