On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 06:34:36PM -0400, Daniel Macks wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 05, 2007 at 12:18:33PM -0400, Koen van der Drift wrote:
> >
> > On the package database, the package python-biopython-py22 is not
> > listed as obsolete in the 10.3 tree, whereas the other ones are (it's
> > being superseded by biopython-py). I don't use 10.3, so if someone
> > with 10.3 access could fix that I would appreciate it.
>
> The Description fields seen on the PDB are those of the highest-known
> release of the package or the release of the package in the highest
> (most modern) fink tree. python-biopython-py22 is only present in the
> 10.3 tree, not the 10.4 tree at all (all python22 is dropped from the
> 10.4 distro). However, biopython-py is only present in the 10.4
> distro, not the 10.3 one. In the 10.3 world, python-biopython-py22 is
> not obsolete and that is the highest version or distro of that
> package, so it is not listed as obsolete on the PDB. I can take a look
> at backporting biopython-py from 10.4 to 10.3, including a py22
> variant, and thus make python-biopython-py obsolet in 10.3.

Oops, biopython-py is only compatible with python >= 2.3. So maybe
python-biopython-py22 really isn't and shouldn't be obsolete? Do you
prefer a self-consistent package-naming scheme in 10.3 as
python-biopython-py and a self-consistent biopython-py in 10.4 or if
you prefer biopython-py in all distros where possible, and leave an
older python-biopython-py only for py22 in 10.3.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]