>     zephiris wrote:
>     I'm trying to get through to compiling Subversion on Fink, but
> OpenLDAP
>     builds depend on libkrb5 (or so), but this isn't present on
> 10.4.8 at least,
>     and there's no package (or whatever else would be needed) to
> satisfy it?
>     Please CC responses, as I'm not on the list.

I figured it out!

someone mentioned checking /usr/lib/libkrb5.dylib
and that got me tracing the alias I found there

the alias failed so I did a ls -lsa /usr/lib to see what it pointed to
and I found the following:

libkrb5.dylib -> System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Kerberos

no slash in front of System!

I found a /usr/lib/system existed

so I entered the command: ln -s /System/Library /usr/lib/system

AND EVERYTHING THAT PREVIOUSLY FAILED TO BUILD IN FINK
ON THE BASIS OF "can't locate file for: -lkrb5" NOW BUILDS FINE!!!

Whoa, little old me... I solved it.
I'm not even one of the "Fink elite".

lenny bruce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>