I have discovered while revising the gromacs-mpi packaging
that 'fink -m --build-as-nobody rebuild gromacs-mpi-openmpi'
produces the error...

WARNING: The package gromacs-mpi-openmpi-dev Depends on openmpi-dev,
         but openmpi-dev only allows things to BuildDepend on it.

I could change the Depends line from...

SplitOff2: <<
Package: %N-dev
Conflicts: gromacs-mpi-dev, gromacs-mpi-lammpi-dev, gromacs-mpi-openmpi-dev
Replaces: gromacs-mpi-dev, gromacs-mpi-lammpi-dev, gromacs-mpi-openmpi-dev
Depends: (%type_pkg[handler] = lammpi) lammpi-dev (>= 7.1.2-1000),
(%type_pkg[handler] = openmpi) openmpi-dev, fftw3-shlibs

SplitOff2: <<
Package: %N-dev
Conflicts: gromacs-mpi-dev, gromacs-mpi-lammpi-dev, gromacs-mpi-openmpi-dev
Replaces: gromacs-mpi-dev, gromacs-mpi-lammpi-dev, gromacs-mpi-openmpi-dev
Depends: fftw3-shlibs

However this will decouple the gromacs-mpi-*-dev package from its associated
mpi-dev package (allowing gromacs-mpi-lammpi-dev to be installed with
openmpi-dev and gromacs-mpi-openmpi-dev to be installed with lammpi-dev).
Should I just ignore this error? Thanks in advance for any advice.
            Jack