For some reason the build process is not seeing the libiconvs in /sw/
lib, but only th eones in /usr/lib. This was confirmed by me moving
the libiconvs in /usr/lib, which resulted in the 'codecs' not getting
compiled, but everything else going fine, indicating that the Fink
iconv was not detected and used.