Alexander has indirectly called my attention to the fact that gnucash2
has a utility that does a Bad Thing.

gnc-fq-update is a perl script that invokes CPAN to install all the
perl modules that gnucash uses for retrieving stock quotes via
Finance::Quote. One of the modules installed is LWP, which doesn't
play nice in at least the fink realm, and maybe macs in general.

I could just delete the script post-install, but that would guarantee
a few extra "what's (not) going on?" queries. I could also patch the
strings pointing to the script saying "use fink to update finance-
quote", but I'm pretty sure that would break a few translations.

Since I could replace the whole script with:

#!/bin/sh
fink update date-manip-pm finance-quote-pm588

I'm thinking that might be the least intrusive method. (I already have
separate .info files for 10.4 and 10.5 because of other perl issues,
so I'd have to do the right thing in each.)

How would I substitute my two line script for the contents of gnc-fq-
update.in in the patchscript?

Dave
--
David Reiser