> But even if you had selfupdated during that time, I'm sure you
> would remember having done an explicit "fink install octave-atlas"

You are assuming too much!-(3 system at a time is more I can handle
with gcc game in parallel, I know I should have a notebook and record
what I do, but so far I have been too lazy).

I get

[karma] bug/timing% grep 'BLAS_LIBS=' /sw/bin/mkoctfile
: ${BLAS_LIBS="/sw/lib/liblapack.dylib /sw/lib/libf77blas.dylib"}

So I am rebuilding octave

Thanks for the help.

Dominique