On Mar 5, 2008, at 6:10 PM, John Ridgway wrote:

> I think that's enough venting for now. I'm sorry to trouble people,
> but I'm trying to help, and feel like I'm submitting stuff into a
> vacuum.

I'm glad you started this thread I was starting to feel the same way
looking at the long list of packages in the tracker, many of which
appear to be outdated or have never been commented on. Should I spend
the time and effort cleaning up the packages I've built for internal
use so that they can be publicly distributed or will they just sit in
the tracker?

Don't get me wrong I'm hugely indebted to everyone who contributes to
Fink, you all make my life easier everyday. Which is why I want to
give something back and would hate to see Fink go away.

Would it help the process at all if people outside the core developers
went through the tracker testing and commenting on packages?

--
Jed Frechette

University of New Mexico Lidar Lab
www.unm.edu/~lidar