Friends -
I have a question.  First the background.  I have a package that I'm
currently working on (polyml5), and it builds a shared library.  The
package is at version 5.1, and the shared library that it builds is
libpolyml.1.dylib.  This library has the appropriate install-name and
compatiblity and current versions 2.0.0.  I incorrectly stated earlier
that the library was essentially private; this, it turns out, is
incorrect.  Now, as I read the fink policy with regard to shared
libraries, section 3.4 of the packaging manual, I should be creating
two packages with names polyml5 and polyml5-shlibs (a split-off).
This is fine, but it also seems to suggest that the library should be
named libpolyml5.5.x.y.dylib rather than libpolyml.1.x.y.dylib.

Now for the question:  what do I do?  It seems to me that I need
polyml5 and polyml5-shlibs, and polyml5-shlibs should contain
libpolyml.1.0.0.dylib.  Is that the right thing to do?

I admit to being confused about this issue; and it is made worse by
the fact that the earlier version (5.0) of this package didn't use
versioning at all.

Peace
- John