Koen van der Drift wrote:
>>Since I inadvertently blew away Xcode 3.0 while installing the
>>iPhoneSDK, I'm interested in potential drawbacks. On an intel MBP,
>>ld -v gives:
>>
>>@(#)PROGRAM:ld  PROJECT:ld64-82.5
>>
>>compared to ld-64-77 on my Xcode 3.0 ppc G5
>
> For me the results are:
>
> xCode3:
> @(#)PROGRAM:ld  PROJECT:ld64-77
>
> iPhone SDK:
> @(#)PROGRAM:ld  PROJECT:ld64-82.5
>
> Both on an iMac G5.

I would not be surprised if the new version of ld fixed some bugs of the
current version (finding wrong indirect dylibs, for example), but
introduced some fatal new ones.

What is the situation with the NDA for the iPhone SDK, does it prevent
us from discussing bugs in xcode-3.1 on the fink lists? I'll CC this
question to fink-devel.