On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 09:06:50AM -0400, Alexander Hansen wrote:
> Daniel Macks wrote:

> >> No, that was released on February 11. The package was working fine
> >> with it. I'm pretty sure it was a change in Fink that's causing this
> >> problem.
> >>

> > You probably still have the older fink package in /sw/fink/debs; you
> > can "sudo dpkg -i fink-whatever.deb" to upgrade and downgrade manually
> > and find out exactly whether that's what matters.
> >
> > dan
> >

> One can't do _much_ of a downgrade in this case.  As committed from the
> tracker, the package declared a BuildDepend on fink ( >= 0.27.99 ).  I
> tried building with fink-0.28.0 on 10.5.2 w/affiliated stuff current as
> of midnight, which resulted in the same failure as with fink-0.28.1 .

The BuildDepends:fink(>= 0.28) is only due to the private Shlibs;
since it appears we're talking about a build error (i.e., well before
the .deb gets created) , you can safely remove that BDep entirely.

FWIW, I didn't test this submission...was a minor-version update to an
existing package with minimal interaction with other packages, assumed
that if it worked for submitter when submitted, it was good to go.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]