Friends -
Poly/ML is an implementation of the ML programming language.  As such,
it has an interpreter which basically just loads the Poly/ML library
and runs it.  It is possible to have a program that uses the Poly/ML
library but doesn't need the interpreter.

The current version of Poly/ML is 5.1.  Poly/ML 4.1.4 is still out
there, and may want to appear in Fink at some point.  I would like to
create package polyml5 and have polyml5-shlibs as a split-off of it.
The problem is that libpolyml.dylib is at version 1.0.0 (or 2.0.0, I
forget which), not 5-something, and this seems to violate the Fink
packaging guidelines.  Can anyone help me out of my conundrum?  It
would seem very odd for package polyml5 at version 5.1 to have polyml-
shlibs at version 1.0.0 as a SplitOff.

I would really like to get Poly/ML into Fink so I can get Isabelle
into Fink as well.

Peace
- John