On 12 Apr 2008, at 04:31, Ben Abbott wrote:

> When I tried to create the dylib version for cholmod, I encountered an
> "unidentified symbol" error for those symbols that are in other
> libraries, cholmod for example.
>
> How do I tell gcc to ignore the missing symbols?

DON'T !

It is very important that all symbols are identified (in the output
of "nm -m" , all undefined things should have a "from ..."

You have the build the dylibs in dependency order, and link
explicitly with all those on which you depend ..
(and please no more..!)

Cf any pkg for how dylib's are built; or, since you may be
more familiar with it, look at atlas.info, where they are built
"by hand" from the static archives, as you want to do,
since that seemed simpler than adapting the (experimental)
makefile.
But do not us the --all_load thing, it is better to explicitly extract
the .o files you want from the archives (there is no way to stop
the effect of '--all_load', so it would also apply to .a files that are
added to the link line by gcc or whatever compiler).

But please do look at `man ld` !

Jean-Francoia