Alexander Hansen wrote:
[]
> The maintainer's hasn't been around much as of late, and the update in
> pangocairo was committed by somebody else, so I thought it appropriate
> to raise the question here, especially since this has been broken for
> months.
>
> It's not just a GNOME issue, since amarok (not directly gnome-
> related)  uses it, too.

Yes, but I did look at a cvs diff between the two versions in HEAD and
in pc branch, and it really looks like a major task to port this back to
HEAD. I for one would prefer to contribute to the preparation of the
release of the pc branch over spending time on package versions that
will soon be obsolete.