Martin Costabel wrote:
[]
> library_names. It has been observed that the 10.5.3 update fixes this
> particular bug.

After some digging, I have to correct this: The 10.5.3 update does not
touch /usr/X11/lib/libpng12.la. However, the security update 2008-2 does
install a new version, and so do all kinds of xcode versions, from 3.0
to the various 3.1 from iphone betas, and also the macosforge/xquartz
updates. There exist a couple of different variants, and I have not yet
found out where the faulty one - announcing libpng12.0.26.0.dylib while
this doesn't exist - comes from. Most likely one of the xquartz updates.