Hello,

I am having problems building the pil-py[24, 25] package on 10.5 and I
was wondering if anybody else is having the same problem.

The error in question is the following:

gcc -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/usr/X11R6/
include -I/sw/include -DHAVE_LIBJPEG -DHAVE_LIBZ -I/sw/lib/freetype219/
include/freetype2 -IlibImaging -I/sw/lib/freetype219/lib -I/sw/lib/
freetype219/include/freetype2/freetype -I/sw/include -I/sw/lib/
freetype219/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I/sw/include/
python2.5 -c decode.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/decode.o
decode.c: In function 'PyImaging_ZipDecoderNew':
decode.c:620: error: 'ZIPSTATE' undeclared (first use in this function)
decode.c:620: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
decode.c:620: error: for each function it appears in.)

The problem boils down to gcc not including libImaging/Zip.h which
contains the ZIPSTATE declaration. I am really confused why it doesn't
work now, since it used to work in the past (10.4 at least), and the
libImaging path is added to the includes.

I was able to make it work with a quick hack, by modifying in info
file the CompileScript:

CompileScript: <<
  cp libImaging/Zip.h .
  %p/bin/python%type_raw[python] setup.py build
<<

Then it works fine.

I'd like to know if the problem is on my side or the info file needs
updating.

Thanks,
Pepe