On Sep 13, 2008, at 12:34 PM, Benjamin Reed wrote:

Alexander Hansen wrote:
I didn't realize it, but fink supports a dependency of the form
( =<version> ) without specifying a revision.

If all octave-using packages agree to use Depends: octave ( =<current
version> ) | octave-atlas ( =<current version> ) [or an equivalent]
rather than ( >=<current version>-1), then that will satisfy the prior
breakage issue in a simpler packaging setup.

Will it? I thought that if you don't give a revision, it treats it as 0
internally.

There are a few packages around that use it--I'm not claiming that they're correct, though.

I'll test it out.

Alexander K. Hansen
akh AT finkproject DOT org
Fink User Liaison and Documenter