Hi All,

Quick question(s) about ffmpeg - for some reason when you install ffmpeg
it also tries to install a variety of interesting packages like tex and
by proxy, ghostscript, lynx and others..

First off then, would it be possible to fix this dependency hell by
tracing which of ffmpeg's dependencies are causing this? How does one
find all of a packages dependencies (and then resolve them)?

Secondly, the ffmpeg in fink is a year old and the newer one has support
for many more codecs and is probably quite a bit faster etc.  Would any
one else benefit from me trying to update that package?

I'm happy to invest some time fixing this package up as I use it quite
heavily, but I'm not sure how much time it would cost me to adapt/update
a new version to fink specifically as opposed to just building it myself.

Cheers,
Damian