On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 09:36:23PM +0200, Asko Kauppi wrote:

> I started getting these a while back, and it seems cairo >= 1.8 on
> fink is unable to create PDF's.
>
> $ LUA_CPATH="src/?.dylib" /sw/bin/lua51 lpdf.lua
> Bus error
>
> Any PDF creation seems to do it, at the process exit / object destroy
> time.
>
> I've used two different Lua bindings, both having this behaviour. Have
> not tried with C code, yet.
>
> Is this a known issue?  If not, I'm willing to dwell in and give
> sample code etc.  This is on PowerPC and cairo 1.8.4-1.

cairo-1.8.6 just landed. Could you see if it's still a problem and
(more importantly) test with C to rule in/out it being a problem in
cairo itself (vs in the lua side of things)? Also check the stack
trace to see where it's actually going bad. May have to recompile
cairo with -g if you need debugging info: 'fink dumpinfo cairo' to
find cairo.info, edit that file to add "-g" to the SetCFLAGS line,
'fink rebuild cairo' to recompile the package with that flag.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org