On Jan 24, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer of the ode package, which has had a history of
> problems related to shlibs [1]. Luckily, ode now uses libtool, and
> it also fixes a problem that was preventing successful builds on
> Leopard, so I thought I'd hit two birds with one stone and upgrade
> Fink's package for ode to the latest upstream.
>
> I've now got a version that's mostly working, but it gives me
> validation errors related to shlibs, and I'm not sure how to fix
> them. Validating ode-shlibs gives:
>
>  Error: Shlibs field specifies file '/sw/lib/libode.1.dylib', but it
> does not exist!
>
> And validating ode gives:
>
>  Error: package contains the shared library
>          /sw/lib/libode.1.0.0.dylib
>       but the corresponding install_name and compatibility_version
>          %p/lib/libode.1.dylib 2.0.0
>       are not listed in the Shlibs field.  See the packaging manual.
>
> On a manual installation of ode, running "otool -L" on the dylib
> gives:
>
>  /opt/ode/lib/libode.dylib:
>       /opt/ode/lib/libode.1.dylib (compatibility version 2.0.0, current
> version 2.0.0)
>       /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
> version 111.1.3)
>       /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current
> version 7.4.0)
>       /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
> version 1.0.0)
>
> Everything looks right in my .info, so I don't know how to fix these
> errors. I've attached the .info I've created, so maybe somebody can
> spot my mistake. Thanks,
>
> Trevor

There are a couple of problems here. You have too many packages. There
only needs to be a -dev and a -shlibs package. The unnecessary ode
package only contains 2 files: libode.1.0.0.dylib, which needs to be
in ode-shlibs and libode.la, which needs to go in ode-dev. It's
because libode.1.0.0.dylib isn't in ode-shlibs that you're getting
that validator error, since it's the actual shared lib: libode.1.dylib
is just a symlink to it.

Daniel