Peter,
   You totally misunderstand the purpose of bundling the
libLTO.dylib with the llvm-shlibs package. It is only there
to give the user the option to manually replace Apple's
libLTO.dylib with that from the llvm-2.5 sources if they
want to explore the complete functionality of LTO. I never
said that these packages would automatically replace the
system libLTO.dylib, only that they would provide a copy
for the use to try if they were so inclined.
               Jack