Alexander Hansen wrote:
[]
> When I run xmgrace from an x term my X11 crashes and I get
> the message
>
> "The application X11 quit unexpectedly
> Mac OS X and other applications are not affected"

The crash log will tell more. If it talks about division by zero, this
would be related to the recent security update for MacOSX 10.4, where
Apple shipped a broken libfreetype.6.dylib (funny idea of security fix -
usually one tries to get rid of division-by-zero errors, not introduce
new ones). Jeremy Huddleston offers a replacement, which corresponds to
the latest freetype2 version, plus security fixes (see xemacs thread on
fink-users). One should have an eye on this, also with respect to
possible incomplete compatibility of the replacement version.