Christian Prinoth wrote:
> Hi, I just submitted my first package, which is for a musical
> "edutainment" software called Pianobooster.
> I followed instruction in the Packaging Manual & Tutorial
> meticolously, and now an entry relating to my package does appear on
> the tracker. I am not 100% sure what is supposed to happen now. Do I
> just wait until someone approves it or should I solicit approval on
> some forum? If the former, how long does it take on average?
>
> Thanks
> Chris
Thanks for the submission.

The tracker review process takes as long as it takes :-)

Meaning that I've been going through the queue more or less in the order
of submission.  I do at least two builds of a new package (and often
more in checking for missing build dependencies), and because I've
decided to streamline the process by adding missing dependencies myself
rather than sending the package back to the submitter this process
really can't be automated.

Plus I'm busy with other things as well.

So given the limited number of person-hours available it won't be
instantaneous.  I really don't have a time frame to give you because my
schedule is highly variable.

--
Alexander Hansen
Fink User Liaison