>>> Your X11 installation is somehow older now than when you built
>>> gnucash2.  Perhaps you _had_ the macosforge version, but a system update
>>> downgraded it for you.
>>>
>>> Either update your X11 install or rebuild gnucash2 (fink rebuild gnucash2)
>>>

>> Rebuild failed at:
>> [...]
>> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>> ### execution of guile18-build failed, exit code 2
>> Removing runtime build-lock...
>> Removing build-lock package...
>> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-gnucash2-2.2.5-152
>> (Reading database ... 87033 files and directories currently installed.)
>> Removing fink-buildlock-gnucash2-2.2.5-152 ...
>> Failed: phase compiling: gnucash2-2.2.5-152 failed
>>
>> I did a fink selfupdate, and retried it, failed again - exact same error.
>>
>> My X11's About says -> Xquartz 2.1.5 - (xorg-server 1.3.0-apple22) (2.1.5)
>>

>> Any ideas ?
>>
>> Ajay
>> (cc'ing maintainer... as instructed by fink)
>>
> removing the maintainer, as it's not his problem.
>
> Apple decided to get rid of all of the .la files from their X11 (I'd
> forgotten about _that_ little bit of joy when I suggested a rebuild).
>
> You can either run the script referenced here to generate them:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.macosx.fink.user/27775/focus=27784
>
> or you can update to 'Xquartz' from macosforge.org, which, at least for
> now, still contains these.
>
> The project developers have not as of yet decided on what the solution
> to this issue should entail.

You see, thats the thing about this.
Given that I have a working system (remote X from linux), do I really
want to spend time getting it to work on Mac? It doesn't really buy me
much, except perhaps the satisfaction of technical achievement.
Comparing that to hourly paid work that I could be doing in the same
time... the decision is a no-brainer!

Ah! well...

Ajay