On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 12:00:43PM -0300, Monic Polynomial wrote:
> On 19/04/2009, at 11:54, Jack Howarth wrote:
>
> (...)
>> succeeds. Do we have any settings in fink to change the timeout of the
>> curl download or specify
>> that a particular file should be downloaded with wget instead?
>

> You may specify
>
> DownloadMethod: wget
>
> in /sw/etc/fink.conf.
>
> There is no option in fink.conf to specify connection timeouts. However,
> you may specify a different connection timeout in /sw/lib/
> perl5/Fink/NetAccess.pm at your own risk.
>

> --
> monipol

Yuck. This source code is restricted so we can't host it and it will
be a huge pain to have to deal with every user complaining that they
can't download the source. Certainly we must have some other option
available on the info file level? It seem like overkill to force the
user to change timeouts or download methods system wide for just a
single slow server.
            Jack