On Apr 20, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> William Scott wrote:
>> Also, it (the itcl package) actually builds successfully with --
>> build- as-nobody, and unless I scroll back up on my terminal, I
>> would miss  this:
>> Installing ./generic/itclIntDecls.h
>> Installing man pages in /sw/share/man
>> Installing body.n
>> /bin/sh: /sw/share/man/mann/scope.n: Permission denied
>
> The next two lines after this are for me
>
> chmod: /sw/share/man/mann/scope.n: No such file or directory
> make: *** [install-doc] Error 1
>
> and then the build stops.
>
>> sudo -u fink-bld [ENV] sh -c/var/tmp/tmp.7.AopZdu
>> /usr/bin/install -d -m 700 /sw/src/fink.build/root-itcl-3.3-1/sw/
>> share/ doc/itcl
>
> This is strange. Do you have a different "make" installed? Or a
> different fink version?
>
> --
> Martin

Not that I am aware of:

zsh-% which make
/sw/bin/make

zsh-% make --version
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for powerpc-apple-darwin9.4.0

zsh-% fink --version
Package manager version: 0.29.2
Distribution version: selfupdate-cvs Mon Apr 20 03:15:36 2009, 10.5,
powerpc

Copyright (c) 2001 Christoph Pfisterer
Copyright (c) 2001-2009 The Fink Package Manager Team

zsh-% sw_vers
ProductName:    Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.5.6
BuildVersion:   9G55