Tomoaki Okayama wrote:
[]
> If there is no good way, users may have to remove tetex-base
> manually before installing texlive.

This is what I ended up doing, too. I got the message

> Could not resolve inconsistent dependencies!
>
> Fink isn't sure how to install the above packages safely. You may be able to
> fix things by running:
>
>   fink scanpackages
>   sudo apt-get update
>   sudo apt-get install texlive-texmf=0.2007g0-0

But when one tries to do this, apt-get will remove every single package
that depends on tetex-base, which I did not allow. So I did

   sudo dpkg -r --force-depends tetex-base

and then the installation of tetex-live went smoothly, with one exception:

There is a missing Conflict/Replaces/Provides with jadetex. One gets:

> /sw/bin/dpkg: error processing
> /sw/fink/dists/local/main/binary-darwin-i386/texlive-base_0.20080816-0_darwin-i386.deb
>  (--install):
>  trying to overwrite `/sw/bin/jadetex', which is also in package jadetex

I hope the other file that jadetex installs, namely

/sw/etc/texmf.local/tex/jadetex/dsssl.def
/sw/etc/texmf.local/tex/jadetex/jadetex.ltx
/sw/etc/texmf.local/web2c/jadetex.fmt
/sw/etc/texmf.local/web2c/pdfjadetex.fmt

are not important, because they don't seem to come with the texlive
packages.

Finally: A big thank you for this great work. A lot of people have been
waiting for this for years. Now the only thing still missing is a
system-texlive package ;-)