Hi Bill,

On Jul 17, 2009, at 7:17 AM, William G. Scott wrote:

Hi Citizens:

A number of packages, including fftw, depend on gcc43 instead of
gcc44, which leads to the rather time-consuming and blood-pressure-
elevating phenomenon of having not one but two interminable builds for
packages that depend on fftw and gcc44.  Any chance this can be
remedied?

Here's a full list (yes two at least are mine):

% grep gcc43-shlibs */*.info | cut -d : -f 1
sci/atlas.info
sci/avl.info
sci/fftw.info
sci/fftw3-x86_64.info
sci/fftw3.info
sci/freefem++.info
sci/geant4.8.info
sci/geant4.9.info
sci/hdf5-1.6.5.info
sci/hdf5-1.6.5.info
sci/modulef.info
sci/molden.info
sci/mopac7.info
sci/octave-forge-image.info
sci/patchy4.info
sci/pgplot.info
sci/plplot.info
sci/qprop.info
sci/r-base.info
sci/refmac.info
sci/root-pythia.info
sci/root5-devel.info
sci/scilab.info
sci/scipy-py.info
sci/tinker.info
sci/xfoil.info
sound/ocp.info
utils/clamav-0.93.3.info
utils/clamav-0.94.2.info

Bill

I changed my packages to use gcc44. However, I noticed that gcc44 is not yet in stable, which will block any of the updated packages to be promoted to stable. Is there any reason not to add gcc44 to stable?

Remi