Jack Howarth wrote:
> Huh? What problems? I've have...
>
> ii  qt3            3.3.8-1028     Cross-Platform GUI application framework
> ii  qt3-designer   3.3.8-1028     Cross-Platform GUI application framework
> ii  qt3-designer-s 3.3.8-1028     Cross-Platform GUI application framework
> ii  qt3-doc        3.3.8-1028     Cross-Platform GUI application framework
> ii  qt3-linguist   3.3.8-1028     Cross-Platform GUI application framework
> ii  qt3-shlibs     3.3.8-1028     Cross-Platform GUI application framework
>
> under x86_64 fink on SL. I've also built the qt4-x11 packages for
> paraview without issues on x86_64 fink.

Sorry, I wasn't precise enough: AFAICT, qt3mac and qt4-mac don't build
on Snow Leopard (32bit or 64bit), and qt3 and qt4-x11 don't build on
Snow Leopard (32bit). The only ones that build on Snow Leopard are qt3
and qt4-x11 (64bit).

Anyway, trying to have both 32bit and 64bit for both Leopard and Snow
Leopard, and to have an upgrade path from 32bit 10.5 to 32bit 10.6 was
probably a mistake, given the currently available manpower.

Realistically, Fink should have stated:
Leopard = 32bit
Snow Leopard = 64bit
and to go from one to the other you have to reinstall, sorry.

I don't see any evidence of any Fink developer besides drm having ever
seriously tried to build packages on 10.5/64bit or on 10.6/32bit. And
drm is just eliminating packages that don't build; *nobody* is spending
time trying to fix packages for 10.6/32bit.