William G. Scott wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2009, at 10:08 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:
>
>> William G. Scott wrote:
>>>
>>> #!/bin/zsh -f
>>> source %p/bin/init.sh
>>> PATH=%p/bin:%p/sbin:${PATH} ; export PATH
>>> this appears to put everything right, at least in my experiment.
>>
>> But on 10.6 "gcc" then would still be "/usr/bin/gcc" (which produces
>> 64bit binaries) and not "/usr/bin/gcc -arch i386" as it should. Hard
>> to see how this can work.
>
> Well, with apbs, it just did :)   (I switched it to /bin/bash for good
> measure).

Well, using /bin/bash, or /bin/sh for that matter, of course solves the
problem. You don't need to source anything then, because fink already
does it for you, and the startup scripts that are perhaps read by
/bin/sh (I don't know if any is read in this situation) do not destroy
the PATH as does the zsh startup script /etc/zshenv.