On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 02:52:56AM -0400, David Fang wrote:
>>   Well, the shoe finally dropped. Powerpc-apple-darwin* has been
>> removed from the secondary target list for FSF gcc and
>> i386-apple-darwin* has been depreciated from a primary to a secondary
>> target. So we will have to expend even more effort now to keep FSF gcc
>> usable since upstream will have little sympathy if our target breaks.
>> Sad as we just fixed the P1 that was threatening the primary target
>> status yesterday.
>
> NOOOOooooooooooooo........
>
> one of the remaining powerpc-apple-darwin8 hold-outs, Fang
>
> David Fang
> http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/
> http://www.achronix.com/

David,
   On the positive side, gcc trunk is now fixed so that the regress
server is building powerpc-apple-darwin9 again. The testsuite results
have decayed a bit over time but that is really more a reflection of
the lack of interest in powerpc across all target operating systems
than an issues particular to darwin. We are close to resolving one of
the long standing issues in FSF gcc on darwin (which is the fact that
versioned libgcc's on darwin block the ability to access the newer
symbols in FSF libgcc). This is resolved with a new libgcc-ext library...

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=18657

which provides the TLS support needed for the libgomp testsuite to
pass completely on darwin...

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-09/msg02532.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2009-09/msg02533.html

So the situation isn't as bleak as it seems.
                        Jack