Jack Howarth wrote:
>   The issue of build failures from development libraries
> in /usr/local seems to come up endlessly. I have wondered
> if there is some way that a 'strict' build mode could be
> introduced into fink. The idea would be for packages known
> to commonly suffer from this issue, the info file could
> invoke a strict mode during the fink build process where
> fink would first look for headers or static libraries in
> /usr/local. If found, the build would abort with a clear
> message that /usr/local needs to be moved aside. Unless
> the package maintainer included the strict build keyword
> in the info file, this check would not normally occur.

Can't the package itself just do this on its own during CompileScript?

if -e /usr/local/include/evil.h ; echo "you need to move /usr/local" ;
exit 1

No need to add extra code to fink and have it maintain an ever growing
list of possibly offending headers/libraries.

Hanspeter

--
Hanspeter Niederstrasser
hanspeter AT snaggledworks DOT com