Peter O'Gorman wrote:
[]
> Feel free to change it in fink's ltconfig, etc., and the problem should
> be "fixed" with the next fink release, but really I think that the
> 'Update*' fields should be deprecated, in favor of rerunning some
> version of autotools.

It is true that both packages gtk+ and recode are ancient and have had
the 'Update' lines since the days of MacOSX 10.2 (maybe earlier, I
didn't look further back). Apparently this didn't hurt until now (and
even on 10.6/64bit you don't notice the breakage in the packages
themselves, only when something wants to dlopen a binary linked to one
of their dylibs.)

On 10.6/64bit, the 'Update' fields could have a renewed interest,
because many packages have config.guess versions that guess wrong. In
fact, does there even exist a config.guess that gives the right answer
"x84_64-apple-darwin10"? Apple's own version in
/usr/share/libtool/config/ doesn't.