On 2010-01-11, at 10:24 , Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:

> To all package-maintainers (and interested parties):
>
> I've just completed a build-all of the stable tree (pulled on
> 2009-12-30) on 10.5 Intel/32-bit.  Out of almost 4000 debs that were
> built, only 121 packages had build errors, so that's not too bad.  Many
> were missing dependencies, a few were pkg-config unable to find stuff
> (gnutls was a common package that couldn't be found), and others were
> actual code problems (for some examples).  I have not done any real
> analysis of the errors, so I can't specifically say how to fix stuff, etc.
>
> The error logs can be found here:
> <http://www.snaggledworks.com/fink/fink-build-forever/>
>
> There have been multiple updates to the stable tree in the meantime, so
> I'll try to pull a new tree on Friday, Jan 15 and redo the buildall that
> weekend.
>
> List of packages that failed:
> ****

> sylpheed-beta-gpgme
> sylpheed-beta
> sylpheed-gpgme
> sylpheed

I maintain the various sylpheed packages.  All four failed like:

grep: /sw/lib/libenchant.la: No such file or directory
sed: /sw/lib/libenchant.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/sw/lib/libenchant.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[2]: *** [libsylph.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2

I'm baffled.  I don't think there is anything wrong with the packages, but
without access to the build machine when the failure occurred I don't know how
to discern the source of the problem.  I'd greatly appreciate any comments or
hints.

--
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada