The asciidoc package has a self-contained HTML generator, and "a2x",
an everything-else generator that depends on Docbook and a number of
related tools. Currently, the package has a 'Recommends' line for the
a2x dependencies, but since Fink doesn't process the Recommends line,
I figured it might be best to split that off into an asciidoc-a2x
package with proper dependencies. I would also like the splitoff to be
installed for users who are upgrading from the old unified package.

Should I use "Replaces: asciidoc (<< 8.4.5-3)" in the a2x splitoff, or
will that confuse the Fink dependency engine? (I seem to have a way of
finding things that work well with apt/dpkg, but not necessarily with
Fink.)

--
Charles Lepple