On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 10:56:41AM +0900, BABA Yoshihiko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added a line to qgis-mac.info:
> PostRmScript: rm -rf %p/Applications/qgis%v.app
> But this does not seem a good solution to me.
>
> I do this because, after I use qgis for a while, when I try to remove
> qgis-mac, the .app directory stays for some files not supplied by the .deb
> file.
> This is perhaps because, as I used qgis, it modifies the contents of
> qgis%v.app. (I know it is better if I could use /sw/var or  something)

What specific files is it finding there? Sometimes there is a way to
supress them or else to have them created during InstallScript (i.e.,
be part of the .deb).

> Another problem is, when I  do `fink reinstall qgis-mac', I guess because of
> PostRmScript, fink thinks it successfully installs qgis-mac, but it
> disappears.

According to the Debian package-script docs, postrm does run during an
upgrade/reinstall (because the old/previous one is being rm'ed). There
may be a way to distinguish upgrade/reinstall from actual "just
remove".

> I wonder if my PostRmScript is acceptable, or I should find a better way.

No, because as you said, it doesn't work:) You could PreRmScript to
remove the specific files that aren't in the .deb. By the time the
removal happens, they are gone, so there are no "stray" (not owned by
.deb) files. But this is really a hack.

dan

--
Daniel Macks