On 31 Mar, 2010, at 9:07 AM, Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:

> It's also linking to both /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib and
> /sw/lib/libiconv.2.dylib, which is likely to cause problems.  There's
> probably a way to reorder the linker flags in some Makefile to have it
> link only to Fink's libiconv.

        Well, i thought i had found a solution to this, but the validator
doesn't like it: i give configure an argument "--with-libiconv-prefix=/sw/lib/"
to avoid linking to the system libiconv.2.dylib [more on this later].  Now we
have reproducibility in that we guarantee that we only link to our own
libiconv.  However "--build-as-nobody" complains: "Warning: Field
"configureparams" appears to contain a hardcoded /sw."  Is there a better way
to handle this?

        FWIW, the 64 bit libiconv library provided by the system is deficient
in that it doesn't expose the _libiconv_open symbol.  I filed a bug report with
Apple.

Sent from my MacBookPro

Function call to load Windows 2000:  Sooooeee_pig_pig_pig_pig()