On May 8, 2010, at 12:15 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> Koen van der Drift wrote:
> []
>> I tried that, and now get the following error instead at the same
>> location:
>> Linking CXX executable massXpert.app/Contents/MacOS/massXpert
>> cd /sw/src/fink.build/massxpert-x11-2.1.0-1001/massxpert-2.1.0/gui
>> && /sw/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/massXpert.dir/
>> link.txt --verbose=1
>> /sw/var/lib/fink/path-prefix-g++-4.0/c++    -mmacosx-version-
>> min=10.3 -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/
>> MacOSX10.4u.sdk
>
> OK, the -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 is gone, but -mmacosx-version-
> min=10.3 is still there, and -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/
> MacOSX10.4u.sdk too.
> I don't know if these have anything to do with the error you are
> seeing now, though.
>
> []
>> QtXml -framework QtSvg -Wl,-all_load ../lib/libmasslib.a -Wl,-
>> noall_load -framework QtGui -framework QtCore ../lib/libmasslib.a
>> ld warning: option -noall_load is obsolete and being ignored
>> Undefined symbols:
>>  "_CFRelease", referenced from:
>>      massXpert::ConfigSettings::initializeSystemConfig()      in
> []
>
> Looks like a missing -framework CoreFoundation. No idea who should
> have brought this in and didn't.
>
>> And, indeed, I don't have  /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/
>> crt1.10.5.o but have /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/crt1.o .
>
> That's why removing -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 worked (for your first
> error, at least).
>
> --
> Martin

Just a quick update, I tried several things yesterday, adding SetLIBS:
-framework CoreFoundation, patching the CMakeLists.txt file to set -
mmacosx-version-min=10.4:

  # We want to build universal binaries
-SET (CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES "ppc;i386"
-  CACHE STRING "Build architectures for OSX" FORCE)
+#SET (CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES "ppc;i386"
+#  CACHE STRING "Build architectures for OSX" FORCE)

  # That can be deployed on older system
  # (Qt 4.4.0 is available starting at 10.3.9)
-SET (CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -mmacosx-version-min=10.3"
+SET (CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -mmacosx-version-min=10.4"
    CACHE STRING "Flags used by the compiler during all build types."
FORCE)

Even removed the patch, but still get the same error.

Then this morning I read this in configsettings.cpp (from the link
error):

     /* On Mac OS X, instead, the software is built using not cmake,
        but qmake, and that makes it buildable using Xcode. The build
        generates in this case a Mac Bundle massXpert.app, which
        installs anywhere as long as its internal structure is
        conserved. There is an API to identify from which location the
        bundle is used(double-clicking onto the massXpert.app
        icon). We use that API to get the bundle directory, which might
        be something like /Applications/massXpert.app if the bundle was
        dropped into /Applications.
     */

So, I will try using qmake and see if that makes any difference.

- Koen.