I did the original package development for a package and now have heard that
the installation fails on 10.6.  I haven't looked at package development in
awhile and there are a lot of improvements so I was going to update the package.

My package is *not* a perl module but a utility that uses several perl modules.
 As far as I can tell the package will run on all versions of perl as long as
all the packages are for the same version.  I would like to just make it use
whatever version of perl is used by the initial script which starts out
#!/usr/bin/perl

This package uses:
file-spec-pmNNNN
file-temp-pmNNNN
config-inifiles-pm
html-parser-pmNNNN
gd-graph3d-pmNNNN

Now I can simplify this by using a dependence on system-perl for the first 2.
But the last 2 seem to require some hoops to make this all work.  I would
rather not make the package have a version dependence since it is not compiled
and is version independent.

If I make the Distribution have a perl type for different OS versions then the
validation complains that I don't have the utility have different versions.  In
other words the following doesn't work with the validation.
              (%type_pkg[perl] = 581) 10.4,
              (%type_pkg[perl] = 584) 10.4,
              (%type_pkg[perl] = 586) 10.4,
              (%type_pkg[perl] = 586) 10.5,
              (%type_pkg[perl] = 588) 10.5,
              (%type_pkg[perl] = 5100) 10.5,
              (%type_pkg[perl] = 5100) 10.6
<<
Type: perl (5.8.1 5.8.4 5.8.6 5.8.8 5.10.0)
# Dependencies:
Depends: <<
         system-perl,
         config-inifiles-pm,
         html-parser-pm%type_pkg[perl],
         gd-graph3d-pm%type_pkg[perl]
<<
BuildDepends: fink (>= 0.26.0-1), perl%type_pkg[perl]-core

So how do I set this up to use the default perl, and have fink install the
requisite perl packages that this depends on?  This is a very flexible
mechanism but I can't quite see my way to a reasonable solution.  A pointer on
an example to get this working would be helpful.

(the gd-graph3d-pm5100 package doesn't yet exist but seems to be a trivial
extension of the current package).

-Scott