On 31 Jul 2010, at 18:19, Martin Costabel wrote:

> Jean-François Mertens wrote:
> []
>> Interestingly however, objcopy is from binutils, which I installed
>> here _ both 32 and 64 bit ! _
>> on april 23, i.e., between the 2 builds of qt4-x11. Not sure I had
>> one before, or maybe
>> it was a broken one ...
>
> Have you tried removing binutils to see whether it has an influence
> on the segfault?

Sure, removing binutils has the same effect as the fix I suggested
(I just don't like buildconflicts).
The effect is that configure is then guaranteed to set ""Separate
debug info"
to disabled, with as effect a slight change in that Makefile,
and that change has as side-effect that make no longer seg-faults on
it ... :)

JF