Op 11 sep 2010, om 23:20 heeft David Lowe het volgende geschreven:

> "#    chgrp "" "$(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/angband"
> #     chmod g+s "$(DESTDIR)$(bindir)/angband"

By the way,

Now that Fink builds as nobody by default (or was this just proposed?) - what's
the policy on packages requiring build-as-root purely because of a chgrp /
chmod? I think this is also the sole reason why dpkg and/or apt require build
as root.

If there's no policy on this, I would like to propose: Put any chgrp and chmod
and similar operations requiring root access in the PostInst script. It makes
sure the files are installed with the right permissions, while allowing build
as any user. I don't see any better way to do it, except requiring root access
for some steps.

Sjors