On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:46:54  0900, BABA Yoshihiko  wrote:
Dear,

  > Some environmental variables (R_HOME in particular) are not passed
to python.

  > What I did was I installed python26 and rpy2-py26 (and r-base and
other relevant packages). The environment variable R_HOME is set, but
when I check os.environ in Python, it doesn't include R_HOME, thus
rpy2-py26 terminates.

I don't know anything about rpy, but:

/sw/bin/python2.6 -c 'import os;print os.environ;print os.getenv("R_HOME")'

gives /sw/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources both in the environ
dump and the getenv accessor. Same for /sw/bin/python2.5. The variable
is published by the "r-base" package. And (as usual for this sort of
variable) and is only visible in shells started after that package is
installed (or else by rerunning "source /sw/bin/init.sh").

Are you using rpy2-py26 in a way that does not load fink's normal
init.sh setup?

dan

  --
Daniel Macks